The Keurig B70 Platinum Brewing System is an attractive single server coffee maker that is ideal for anyone who appreciates excellent tasting coffee but who doesn’t have time to spend making it. This coffee maker works fast and uses the K-cup system together with a variety of brewing sizes that have been designed to meet the various needs of customers when it comes to mug size.
About the Keurig B70 Platinum Brewing System
This is a versatile single serve coffee maker because of the options you have with regard to brewing temperature, mug size and coffee selection. It’s an attractive unit too with a restful blue being used in the LCD display and the water reservoir.
Not everyone likes their coffee at boiling temperature and the B70 allows you to select the temperature that best suits your requirements. Have five different mug sizes to choose from is also a major benefit because it adds a huge degree of flexibility to your choices. You can even take the drip tray out and fill a travel mug with your favorite coffee.
Keurig B70 Platinum Brewing System – A Review
Prefer to Grind Your Own Beans?
One of the major advantages of the B70 is that you are not restricted to using the K-cups. Some people like to grind their own coffee beans and if you purchase a mesh K-cup filter, you will be able to use your own freshly ground beans in it and bypass using a K-cup altogether.
How the Keurig B70 Works
You need to fill the water reservoir and place a K-cup in the allotted space. Choose your cup size and beverage temperature and you are good to go. It takes around 4 minutes to heat the water in the reservoir and while the water is heating a ‘red light’ next to the ‘heating’ button will be illuminated.
Once the water has heated, leave the machine on as Keurig suggest and it will take but a few seconds to make subsequent brews.
Features and Benefits of the Keurig B70
- Design – Single-cup home brewing system for use with patented K-Cups, although you do have the option to use a mesh filter if you so choose via an additional purchase of the said filter.
- Brand – Keurig
- Control Panel – is one-touch so that making your selections is push button easy
- LCD Display – is backlit with blue which is not only easy to read, but looks attractive and matched other blue parts on the machine.
- Programmable – you can set it turn on/off at pre-determined times s that if you want to wake up in the mornings to fresh brewed coffee, you can do so.
- Digital Clock – is also programmable and easy to read making it a functional addition to the machine
- Brew Sizes – there are 5 different sizes to choose from and this provides you with a range of choices depending on which particular beverage you select.
- Brewing Temperature – is adjustable as not all customers like their hot beverage to be boiling hot. You can choose the temperature that best suits your individual requirements.
- Drip Tray – is removable and makes cleaning very simple. It also allows you to place a taller mug under the filter if you prefer a large travel mug for example.
- Water Reservoir – is blue-lit and removable with a capacity of 60 fluid ounces which equates to approximately 10 cups.
- Fast Operation – once you have filled the reservoir, it only takes a total of 4 minutes to heat the water prior to brewing commencing. After that, you can leave the machine on and the water will remain hot and this makes making your subsequent beverages even faster.
- Descaling – there is a descale indicator on the machine which will come on when the machine needs to be descaled.
- Cleaning – is simple and quick and if you like to use your dishwasher, the removable parts of the coffee maker are dishwasher-safe
- Measures – 13 4/5 x 10 2/7 x 13 inches when it is set up on your kitchen bench.
Specification for the Keurig B70
- Measures: 14.9 x 12.2 x 14.2 inches – packed
- Weighs: 10 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 19 pounds
- Item No: B-70
- Warranty: 1year limited warranty
What’s Great About the Keurig B70 Platinum Brewing System?
- Easy to use
- Looks really good in the kitchen
- Plenty of different types of K-cups available – including teas as well
- Design is very functional
- It has 4 different brewing sizes to choose from
- Will keep the water hot for your next brew, rather than having to start over with cold water
- Doesn’t make too much noise while brewing – is quieter than the Tassimo
- Makes excellent coffee
- Works very quickly so is excellent if you are in a hurry
You can purchase a custom K-cup filter to go with the machine if you prefer to use your own fresh coffee grounds or tea leaves, rather than a K-cup
- Very easy and quick to clean up afterwards
- Water reservoir is quite large
- K-cups are not too expensive
- The brewing temperature is adjustable
- Water reservoir is easy to fill
Has a timer so you can set the machine to turn on ready for you when you wake up
What’s Not So Great
- Water pump is very noisy
- Prone to breaking down
- Can sound as though it is pumping water however no water is drawn from the reservoir.